Judit Varga – short bio
(last updated 04. 03. 2018)
Judit Varga works both as a pianist and composer with the world’s leading orchestras. She has been a professor at the University of Music and Performing Arts, Vienna since 2013, and has also taught music composition at the Liszt Academy of Music in Budapest.
In recognition for her exceptional artistic accomplishments, she won the creative artists award from the Austrian Ministry of Education and Culture, and also received the award of the city of Vienna.
In 2014 she was won the prize of the Austrian Academy of Films in the category of “Best Soundtrack”.
In 2017 Judit Varga was awarded with Béla Bartók – Ditta Pásztory Prize for her work contribution for Hungarian contemporary music and cultural life of Hungary. In 2018 she was honoured with the Ferenc Erkel Award by the Government of Hungary.
- 2018 Erkel Ferenc Award
- 2017 Béla Bartók – Ditta Pásztory Award
- 2017 Tribune Internationale des Compositeurs (…alles Fleisch…)
- 2014 Austrian Film Academy – Best score (Your Beauty is Worth Nothing)
- 2013 Austrian Film Academy – Best score – Nominée (A Horse on the Balcony)
- 2012 Golden Orange (International Antalya Film Festival) Best score – Nominée (Your Beauty is Worth Nothing)
- 2009 Theodor-Körner-Award
- 2010 Tribune Internationale des Compositeurs (Le Temps retrouvé)